Wednesday, July 30, 2008

ohm me ohm my


It's amazing how much you can learn from your pets.




I saw Nala, who is 14, doing this one day. In the midst of the constant noise and activity at home, she simply shut out the world and enjoyed some nice, quiet "me" time.

That's what we all need to do. Shut out the world and focus within.

It's not as easy as it looks, for it's often easier to allow ourselves to get caught up in the whirlwind of everyday life so that we have an excuse for not staying connected with our higher selves, God and the universe.

But first, we need to love ourselves enough. It's pretty hard for most of us to justify putting our own needs before others.

But to borrow a well known advertising catchphrase, We're Worth It.

For it's only through quiet contemplation and meditation that we can refocus and centre ourselves.

And when we're connected with our spirit, we can face the world with calmness and compassion.




See?

Ohm my.


1 comment:

Stella Yfantidis Chen said...

i typed a really good response but then had to join and get an account which effectively wiped out my reponse in the process...lol...i dont feel like retyping it...Stella